Nevada/California

I just got back from Nevada last night (luggage arrived today). I was there for some training. I got to spend some time with Russ, Trish, and kids while I was in Reno. Russ and I were walking around downtown and met this weird guy. He was telling us all about Black Jack and how you can make a business out of playing it. It was rather hard to get rid of him. Russ said I just had to keep asking questions.
The training was about an hour South of Reno. There were some pretty cool off-road trails up in the mountains, good thing I rented an SUV. I went driving in the mountains every afternoon after class.
Lake Tahoe is at the top of the mountains about 20 minutes from where I was staying. It is very beautiful! Pictures do not do it justice.
I was driving all the way around Lake Tahoe Friday afternoon and saw Shandra. We know her from Wisconsin. It was very bizarre seeing someone you know half way across America.
On the way down the mountain to Reno I saw this rest room full of snow. The sign says "restroom closed for winter".

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good pics!! I was wondering what was taking you so long to get more pictures posted... forgot you were headed to Nv. :)
Anonymous said…
Oops... forgot to sign my name to that one! :) Tonya
theo and sarah said…
I wish I got to go to training in cool places like this...Appleton-not exotic at all, Toledo, well our hotel was between a landfill and a refinery, you get the picture....
Will said…
Looks like that guy's blackjack business is doing well!
Melissa said…
It's good to see a picture of Russ - he looks really different than the last time I saw him! (about 10 years ago)

Tell him we said hi.
Melissa said…
Hi Shaun and Helen,
Just wanted to let you know that we will be in Appleton, WI from Thursday thru Sunday. If you happen to be over that way this weekend, April 24th thru 27th, why don't you give me a call and maybe we can meet up. 602-690-0399. I know that it is not very likely that you will just happen to be there, but I thought I would let you know just in case . . . :)
Thanks.
Melissa