Bathroom Remodel

I started remodeling the bathroom this weekend. So far I have only been to Menard's twice and Ace Hardware twice in two days. Here are a couple of before pictures. This ugly vanity was installed about 12" from the tub which made it hard to work around. The light fixture was not very pretty either.
We tore everything out,
and put in this one... a little more room to work around. I survived this part of the plumbing project also. There are 2 reasons I hate plumbing, I don't have much patience for it and I have little patience.
The tub is the second phase of the project, we want a shower but there is was no wall there.
Nolan was a great help in the demo process. Note his pajamas and snow boots, that's what he wanted to wear.
We built a brand new wall.
Here is Nolan "touching" up the sheet rock. He refuses to keep his hands out of anything!
This project may take months, years, and cost us thousands of dollars.

Comments

Anita said…
Thank goodness you've got Nolan to help! This reminds me of my bro doing the sidewalk by the house with their little guy's 'help'- and after hours of toil, having gotten it 'perfect'- Forrest walks through it... aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Anonymous said…
I like the black tile on the walls, are you keeping that up? It's always cute to see the kids "helping"
Our Nolan is the same way.
Anonymous said…
Most of the black tile is staying. Nolan is lost today without Daddy to help, have to keep him out of Shaun's tools :)
Anonymous said…
ahhh plumbing.... I have soddered two joints in my life, neither one leaked so I retired I will never plumb again. Now I leave it to the professionals!!
Anonymous said…
i think building a new house might be easier, although it does take a few more hours and dollars. I like your new light fixture & vanity - very hip.
Anonymous said…
Problem Theo, Professional Plumbers are kind of expensive!
Jana said…
Your bathroom looks like ours, when you are finished, you can come makeover ours!
Love the vanity and light, but have to say that "Little Helper's" garb steals the show! Seems like w/ help it can take twice as long (according to Brian)!!
Anonymous said…
Is that a vintage faux oak vanity?
That's classic and you threw it in the dump?

Brian Z
shaunandhelen said…
You want it? It hasn't made it to the dump yet and you can have it if you come get it.