Coffee

As many of you know, I like to roast my own coffee. Well, here are a few pics of the process. Starting out with the green coffee beans, these particular ones are free trade organic Peruvian beans. This is my first experience with free trade, organic, or Peru. The roaster doubles as a popcorn popper. It is slightly modified, I shorted out the thermal overload on it so it gets hotter and roasts the beans better.
If I would have taken a video, you would have seen the beans jumping around pretty good. Second pic shows the beans reaching second crack.
Here is Nolan stirring the beans, you must do this at the beginning of roasting or the bottom beans will heat faster than the others and they will burn.

Here is el finished producto. Now you should let them set overnight to let the acidity out.

Comments